UPDATE: 8/9/11 @ 11:14 AM EST If you are running Windows and are trying to deploy any of my Custom Paper Products, these instructions are now obsolete. I have created a tool for the Deployment of all of my Custom Paper Products (windows only) which is available here. The current version of the tool does allow users to supply the Custom Paper Product to deploy. If you are using a Mac or have access to the SDK still, the following directions can still be used.
The following are a brief set of instructions that are needed to successfully deploy the Paper Products that I have created for the Livescribe Pulse & Echo Smartpens. They are relatively generic. Simply replace with the files from the actual download you use.
- Register as a Developer (if you haven’t already).
- Download the SDK (if you haven’t already).
- Extract the zip file containing the full version of Eclipse from the SDK to C:\Eclipse. There must not be any spaces in this path or deployment may not work.
- Follow the instructions in the Getting Started PDF file included in the SDK to finish setup.
- Run eclipse.exe (from C:\Eclipse. It will ask for a workspace location, set it to C:\workspace.
- Create a new paper project (file –> new) call it TemporaryAfdHolding and fill in the details requested. Uncheck the background image box and press finish. It will pop up box wanting to go to paper view press ok.
- In the bottom left you should see a folder tree, under the top level folder, find the src folder. Right click and select import. Import from Filesystem. Have it import the .afd file you download from the appropriate Paper Product Download Page. You should then open the src folder in the tree and right click on this file. Select deploy to the pulse smartpen (make sure your pen is connected first).
- Then download and print either the .ps file (through ghostscript/gsview or acrobat distiller) or the .pdf file (through acrobat or reader) with page scaling turned off.
- Write on your newly deployed paper.
- Connect your smartpen to your computer and start Livescribe Desktop. The pages you just wrote on this custom paper should show up within a couple of minutes (after the transferring data image disappear.)
- Congratulations, you’ve successfully downloaded a custom paper product and deployed it!
If you need any clarification or help, please feel free to post a comment. I’ll do my best to help you!