Custom Paper Deployment Tool

With the end of Livescribe’s Development Program, it is no longer possible for end users (or even developers) to download the SDK and deploy any of the numerous Custom Paper Products made by developers such as myself (among others). For a while now, I have been discussing the possibility of Livescribe creating and releasing a tool that installs third party Custom Paper Products to their smartpens. For various reasons, none of which will be discussed here, Livescribe did not release such a tool. I have been toying with the idea of building one myself for the last year, however I have not done so assuming that Livescribe will at some point do so. At this point, with Livescribe closing their Developer Program, it is obvious that they will not be releasing such a tool now.

The other reason I was hesitating with building this tool was that it would be coded in C# which I have had zero experience coding in before. I’m primarily a Java programmer with experience with both C++ and PHP (all of which use very similar syntax). Seeing no tool forthcoming from Livescribe and not wanting Custom Paper Products to be a product of the past (no pun intended), I finally dove right into it! I During this process, I learned that C# is nowhere near as complicated as I feared and most of the Syntax still applies from C++. With minimal googling, I was able to build a fully functional Custom Paper Deployment Tool using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 as my Integrated Development Environment (IDE).

Please note that the Custom Paper Deployment Tool is not supported by Livescribe in any way, shape or form. As the Developer Program has ended, this tool is not associated with it at all. There is no warranty (either explicit or implicit) on the tool. I do not take any responsibility if anything adverse were to happen to your smartpen because of my tool. By going to the bottom of the page and clicking-through to the installer page, you agree to the terms and conditions listed above.  This tool is available freely to all users by following the download link at the bottom of the page.

This is version 1.0.0.5 of the Custom Paper Deployment Tool. This version allows you to deploy only Custom Paper Products that are bundled with the tool. Future versions of the tool will allow the user to specify the Custom Paper Product via an .afd file to install. The Custom Paper Deployment Tool must be started before the Smartpen is connected or it fails to detect it. In case you have already connected your Smartpen after starting the Custom Paper Deployment Tool, reconnect it after the Custom Paper Deployment main window has loaded. Once connected, just check the boxes of the Custom Paper Products you would like to deploy and once you completed your selection press the Deploy button to deploy them to the Smartpen connected. Please make sure to only have one Smartpen connected at a time or you will confuse the Custom Paper Deployment Tool and possibly corrupt the firmware on all Smartpens connected. Deploying Custom Paper Products will take some time (usually around 5 seconds for each Custom Paper Product selected) as each one will have to be deployed individually. Please make sure not to disconnect the Smartpen until the Deployment process is complete at which point your Smartpen will show the time again.

You will then need to print the PDF files that correspond to the Custom Paper Products you deployed. Those can be accessed via the Tools” –> “Print PDF Notepads” option. “Tools” –> “Smartpen” has two options: “View Smartpen Data” and “List Installed Paper.” “View Smartpen Data” will provide basic information about your Smartpen such as free space as well as battery levels. “List Installed Paper” will display a list of all installed Paper Products (Official and Custom) on your Smartpen. All of these functions support writing the data to a log file by pressing the “Save to log file” button.

Currently the Custom Paper Deployment Tool supports the deployment of 4 different types of notepads with 8 notepads of each type. If you are ready to begin, you can go to the Custom Paper Deployment Tool Install Page.

Any questions or comments can be posted below and I will respond shortly. Please be aware that I have not digitally signed these install files so they will give a “Security Warning” because of an “Unknown Publisher.” There is however no security concern with the download and the install.

Update: 8/4/11 @ 3:09 PM EDT

I just pushed out several updates to Custom Paper Development Tool to deal with deployment errors. The current version is 1.0.0.13. If you did manage to get it installed despite the errors, your downloaded copy should automatically update to version 1.0.0.13 next time you start it.

Update: 8/22/11 @ 1:51 PM EDT

I know there have been severe problems with DNS (provided for free by http://xname.org) as well as web server overloads so I have finally setup deployment using Amazon’s S3 service for reliability and stability. The link above has been updated to reflect that change. If you have a working copy of the download, it is not required that you uninstall and reinstall using that link, but it is recommended for future updates. Thanks for your patience!

Update: 10/08/11 @ 12:13 AM EST

Version 1.2.0.0 is now released which allows deployment of user supplied .afd files through the “File” –> “Open” menu. The full changelog can be found here. Your installed version should prompt you to update it when you start it next, but if it doesn’t, you can always click the big download button below.

Update 02/22/20102 @ 11:39 PM EST

Added a new video at the top of the page with detailed use instructions. It provides a demonstration of all of the functionality built into Custom Paper Deployment Tool.

Main Screen

Picture 1 of 8

This window is shown when the Custom Paper Deployment Tool is started. The Smartpen is disconnected.

256 thoughts on “Custom Paper Deployment Tool

1. Danny Jay

I like what your doing Rohan and glad someone with experience has tackled this. I just bought a 8gb Echo and will receive it next week. Is there a way to print the dot pattern on 11 x 17 paper? We use that size for 90% of our work and 8.5 x 11 for the other 10%. We need a blank pattern that we can print CAD drawings on and and then mark up. We will pay someone to do this if that is what's needed.

Cheers
    Danny

2. olfried

Rohan,
    thanks for the tool. While I write this, I install the tool in the background. Couldn't you just make an .exe to download?
    More comment, when I tested your tool.

3. user

I am incredibly excited to see this; but unfortunately it will not install. It downloads all the way, then gives me an error and says it couldn't install (I can paste the error log if you want). I'm on Windows Vista Home 64 bit.

4. Nikki

First, thank you so much for undertaking this!

Second – when i click on the link provided, i get this:
    Firefox can't find the server at install.rohankapoor.com.
    Check the address for typing errors such as
    ww.example.com instead of
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Am i supposed to be running something special to download this?

5. Dee

I have the same problem as Nikki.
    And Rohan,
    will you be uploading cornell-styled notepapers as well? (please…..)

6. Dee

It works for me now!!!! It probably got irritated with me trying and trying!

Thanks! Now i'm just 8% downloading.
    I have a problem with the cornell-style notepads as Kass' links are not available anymore. Would you have downloaded files for it to work with your new verson of the CDT?

Thanks Rohan

7. Tommy

Do you also have intention making a version for mac, and can you explain me this type of error "LS_FILE_OPEN_ERROR"
    Thank you very much.

8. Danny Jay

Downloaded and installed on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit no problem and launches without a problem also. Any thought to making more 150 page sets?

9. Kaden

First off I just wanted to say thanks so much for working on this project. I really appreciate when those, much smarter than myself, offer their time.

My problem however, is I still cant seem to get the download link to work. It seems like it has been plenty of time for the DNS to propagate, any other ideas?

Also, is there somewhere we can donate to your project? I want to help compensate you for your time.

10. Guest

I have tried for a couple of days to open the link. It has not worked. I just forced my computer to use google's DNS server (8.8.8.8) and it came right up. That should work for anyone else that is still having problems. Thanks Rohan for such a great project.

11. @headgamer

Yep. I have tried to and still unable to access the page. Guess I have to keep waiting. with this tool, do I need AFD files or any of that stuff? Or just install, connect pen, and print desired PDF file?

12. @headgamer

Is there anyway the tool install application and software can be archived elsewhere? It seems that all the errors are coming from not being able to resolve install.rohankapoor.com. And it is inconsistent. Sometimes I could not even access the page to download the setup.exe file. Sometimes I could. Sometimes when I run it, I would get errors before it even started. Other times it would start but crash in the middle of the download – looking at the error log said it could not access install.rohankapoor.com. Maybe host it on a file sharing service or something?

13. @headgamer

I was able to finally get the setup.exe file downloaded, but cannot get it to install. It continues to give me install errors. Once it actually started to run, but halfway through the download it stopped and gave me another error. Excited to get this running so I can get more notebooks for my son's pen, but frustrated I cannot seem to get it installed.

14. kgubler

First off.. Thank you so much for working on this tool. I am so excited to give it a spin.

However, when I tried to install it today, I received an error on my Win7 x64 machine. It downloaded all the way, but then had an error and deleted the file. Any thoughts? I have the log file if you would like me to send it to you.

15. @headgamer

I can occasionally actually get the download files to start to download (about once every 10-20 tries), but it always stops at around 200mb downloaded and says it cannot connect install.rohankapoor.com. Can the download files be shared on a dropbox drive or something? I really need to get this app downloaded and installed for my son's pen for school.

16. Josh

Can you explain what the custom paper options are? I dont see any explanation of the sizes of the paper, for example- which it seems many of us are after.

thanks!

17. @pflusk

Rohan, really like what you have done. I am interested though, did you develop the API from scratch or did you use and extant Livescribe API/DLL in C# and effectively generate a GUI? I would be interested in getting an API/DLL or even just the theory behind the livescribe paper to produce livescribe documents in C# as a programming challenge, as I am quite keen to develop livescribe in my workplace. The problem is, with them closing down the developer side of livescribe, I have no documentation from where to start. [email protected]

18. NerdyMum

THANKS ROHAN!!! you're a life-saver and a very patient one too!
    Thanks for patiently helping me through all my problematic downloads/installations.

Now if you might get your hands on the cornell note-taking n/b… :)

THANKS!!! Made my day! Cheers

19. THE BOSS

Hello,
    Thank you for the nice tool you created Rohan but i have a little problem. When I download a test page in livescribe desktop it works perfectly with my smartpen but when i use your paper my smartpen isn't that reactive, it captures only some of my writing! Do you a trick i could apply to solve my problem?

Cheers.

20. Cody W

Hello, Rohan! I was incredibly excited to begin using your tool, but when I ran it on my copy of Parallels, immediately after the installation process, I was told that the program "has encountered a problem" and given an error message. Has this problem happened to others, and do you know of any way to fix it? Thank you!

21. Cody W

I'm running Parallels 5 for Mac, which itself is running Windows 7. The error message popped up as follows:
    The title of the message was "Custom Paper Deployment Has Stopped Working"
    and under Error Details I found the following:

OS Version:6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID:1033
    Additional Information 1:0a9e
    Additional Information 2:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3:0a9e
    Additional Information 4:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:Windowssystem32en-USerofflps.txt

Hope that was helpful. Also, I tried the program on a school computer, a Windows-based PC, running…what I believe is 7, completely unconnected to my own computer, just to see if the issue was on my machine, and when I attempted it there, I was told "Custom Paper Deployment Has To Close," with no further error message. Thanks so much for all the time you've put into this! I hope you can figure out what the issue might be!

22. Indy

Hello Rohan,
    I'm a follower of your work with livescribe for some time now and wanted to thank you for all of your work.

Perhaps a dumb question, if I have access to a windows box and mac, and have livescribe desktop installed on both, is it possible for me to install the Custom Paper and make the printouts on the windows box and then use the Livescribe mac client for daily use? Is your utility installing something to the pen, or to the pen *and* the locally installed desktop client?

In other words, use windows to create paper and initialize the pen and then I'm approaching the mac as if I've just bought a brand new notebook From Rohan The Adder of Great Value to Livescribe. Thanks!

23. Indy

Replying to my own comment:

I went ahead and moved all the unlined journals to my Pulse pen using your utility, printed a page of a notebook (in black and white), , scribbled some text, and imported to the (relatively new) Mac Desktop 2.8 just fine. Tomorrow I try to find the best printer I can at work and do some color printouts. I'm not sure if this counts as "Custom Papers are supported in 2.8", but it is working for me.

24. Clark

Hi – I just tried to install the deployment tool, and after the 1/2 gig download, I got an installation error. The pertinent stuff in the log file seems to be this:

ERROR DETAILS

Following errors were detected during this operation.

* [9/1/2011 10:19:19 AM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (AppFileLocationValidation)

– HTTP redirect is not allowed for application files and assemblies. Cannot download Livescribe.DesktopSDK.AFP.dll.

25. Yese

Rohan,

Thank you so much for working on this. I have yet to try it, but have been reading about it for a few days.

In your picture gallery, I can't view past picture 2 of 5.

Yese

26. Raeky

I’m re-uploading my custom notepads that was down for a while here now… use them as you wish… donno if this tool will use them or not?

27. C C

Hello,

I just received my ECHO 8Gb Pro package today and ordered more dot papers and accessories. Had I read the forum and saw this application, I would not have placed my order on the dot papers.

Anyway, I installed it and deployed a few lined notepad and it is perfect! I don't know if it is normal to have the postscript printout to be gray in color because of the line? But this works so great! You are amazing in what you do and I truly appreciate the effort in putting this together to help people like me.

I couldn't thank you enough!

Regards,
    Chinesecatt

28. Curt

I tried to install the Deployment Tool today. Downloaded fine and I clicked on the first notebook in each of 4 categories to deploy. I clicked on Deploy. I immediately got an error: "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application." I hit quit rather than continue. My computer: HPw2408 running Windows 7 Ultimate (pretty fast computer).

I am not a programmer, but here is the Exception text:

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at LivescribeAFDDeploymentGUI.AFDDeploymentGUIHome.deployBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Any thoughts?

29. @mzguru

Thank you Rohan, I was wondering why Livescibe has so little PAPER support. Its like adding apps for use on your ipod or tablet. A company stifling creativity only creates loss for both the company & the consumer. Their creative bottleneck holds us all hostage. It’s PEN & PAPER for peat sake; The very symbols of creativity!

30. Robin

Hi,
    I installed the program and it works perfectly. My problem is with the pdf files. You said to put scale as none. When I do this it stops printing in the middle of the application buttons so I can't tap the record button on the paper I printed and have audio start to record on the pen. This is the last inch of the paper. The rest of the paper works find. I inputted into livescribe desktop and it has the writing on the paper. I'm just not sure how to add audio.
    Thanks,
    Robin

31. I.S.

Rohan,

Your Printable Unlined Notepad is really excellent, but a bit too dark too my taste. Therefore I would like to experiment with it how to make it lighter, but it still should function. Do you have any idea how this can be done in a PDF creating /modifying program, such as Adobe Acrobat?

Thanks,
    Istvan

32. Aleksandra

Thank you Rohan, I deployed all notebooks I currently need using your tool, and everything worked great! I am from Europe and shipping of Livescribe original notebooks would be huge! Now I can use my writing space more liberally in lectures cause I can always print additional one!

33. Istvan

Rohan,
    the new version of your software (8. October 2011) works very nicely. Many, many thanks for this. Great help from you, and shame on Livescribe that these types of things are not coming from them, as it should.
    Kind regards,
    Istvan

34. Seb Ip

Hi Rohan,

The tool installed fine and detects the pen when connected. However when I press deploy it gives me the following error.

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application……

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    —————————————-
    System
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    —————————————-
    Custom Paper Deployment Tool
    Assembly Version: 1.2.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Seb/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/VKWATCKY.ZA0/OMNYJZBZ.6J2/cust..tion_c51e50a6d8984475_0001.0002_b28c4bb53e0fcf2e/Custom%20Paper%20Deployment%20Tool.exe
    —————————————-
    System.Windows.Forms
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    —————————————-
    System.Drawing
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    —————————————-
    PresentationFramework
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll
    —————————————-
    WindowsBase
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
    —————————————-
    PresentationCore
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
    —————————————-
    Livescribe.DesktopSDK.PenComm
    Assembly Version: 2.5.9.435
    Win32 Version: 2.5.9.435
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Seb/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/VKWATCKY.ZA0/OMNYJZBZ.6J2/cust..tion_c51e50a6d8984475_0001.0002_b28c4bb53e0fcf2e/Livescribe.DesktopSDK.PenComm.DLL
    —————————————-
    Accessibility
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
    —————————————-

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

35. I.S.

Rohan,

I have installed the new tool yesterday and it worked. Today I wanted to load up new fonts into the Echo pen from external files, and then the program was suddenly stopped and removed by my symantec antivirus program saying for doing "suspect things". So now I can not load the development program. I am running on this computer Windows 7 Ultimate. Do you know what happened? What shall I do?

36. Istvan

Rohan,
    I see that Livescribe is not reacting to the request to provide assistance to the development of customs paper, which of course is sad and in my personal view not very wise.
    There are a few "general purpose" customs paper publicly available on the web, like yours, some on the Livescribe Forums, but probably some others – so far unknown and not shared yet – too. A part of those papers is probably really very customer application tuned and less suitable for "general purpose" use, but others may fall into that category and suitable for sharing. So, it might be a good idea to make on your blog a "call for contributions" of those "general purpose" customs papers which are unknown yet. A simple link to a publicly available web location where the respective files are stored would already be helpful.
    Kind regards,
    Istvan

37. Jim Metzger

A lot of these issues are directly related to LiveScribe's business relationship to Anoto. If anyone is interested in learning out what might be doe to remove these restirictions, please contact me at [email protected]. Timantek has approached LiveScribe with an idea capable of "blowing the competition away." Yet they blow suggestion like TIMANTEK's off and justify it as they get approached daily with ideas, and have to select carefully where they place their resources…

Funny, when TIMANTEK has offered to do the work and create an application for sale on their website – and at no charge to them. Its like IBM saying they didn't want Microsoft's help in creating an operating system and applications like excel.

If anyone still has a copy of the SDK and can let me have access to it, I would sure appreciate their support.

Jim

38. Max

I tried to load Torstens A4 papers but got the following error:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Det gick inte att hitta en del av sökvägen C:Documents and SettingsMax.TillbergSkrivbordlivescribeNotePaperlogsAFD Deployment Tool.log.
    vid System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    vid System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
    vid System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
    vid System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
    vid System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
    vid System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)
    vid System.IO.File.InternalAppendAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding)
    vid System.IO.File.AppendAllText(String path, String contents)
    vid LivescribeAFDDeploymentGUI.AFDDeploymentGUIHome.setCurrentStatusLbl(String txt)
    vid LivescribeAFDDeploymentGUI.AFDDeploymentGUIHome.deployNotepad(String file)
    vid LivescribeAFDDeploymentGUI.AFDDeploymentGUIHome.fileToolStripMenuItem1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    vid System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Do you think that this is possible to solve?

Sincerely,
    Max

39. Stetus

Hi, my echo smartpen arrives tomorrow and my plan is to use custom notepads. I just need to be certain that using this tool doesn't corrupt the Livescribe Desktop software or limits any features compared to original notebooks. I can stil import my notes to a computer and then send them using pdf/google docs/ onenote/etc?

40. Bill Bourn

Looking around while waiting for a pen and paper – I may eventually be able to absorb all this paper/deploy/dots madness. In the meantime, I noted that your "next" and "back" links for the pictures are broken in some cases. It looks like everything has been moved down a directory by the inseertion of "custom paper-deployment-tool" into the URL. Several of the links are missing this extra information. If you simply add the lowest name to the URL in the address bar, you can manually bring up all 8 of the screencap pictures.

41. Paula

I'm thinking of ideas for how to make this pen work for me. I really like the idea of some sort of livescribe daily planner and have been thinking about how i could accomplish that on dot paper. Pretty shocked there isn't already something like that. Anyway, I ran across something called the "Scription Chronodex" (http://scription.typepad.com/blog/2011/11/scription-chronodex-weekly-planner-2012-free-download-with-the-cost-of-a-prayer.html) via lifehacker (http://lifehacker.com/5871810/how-to-contact-and-properly-communicate-with-your-government-representatives). This thing looks like a perfect fit. Is there a way to overlay the Scription thing over dot paper to combine it? I don't mind figuring stuff out, but don't want to go to the trouble if it isn't even possible. BTW – when i saw they had pulled the sdk i went looking for a copy i had downloaded a way back. I couldn't find the file, but the link happened to still be in my download history so i clicked it, and it still worked (at least in late november 2011)! http://www.livescribe.com/downloads/dev/platforms

42. Stetus

Hi, installed a custom paper and now when i connect the echo smartpenn to litescribe desktop it "encounters a fatal error" Used the A4 custom grid paper by thorsen.

43. tianki

Hello,
    sorry if I am asking a dumb question here.. about printing the notebooks, I understand they are not in A4 size paper. But as I would like to print them in school which only has A4 paper, can they print on them? If yes, are there any special instructions that I have to follow like no scaling, no center-ing etc? Thanks a lot for your help and sir, you are a genius for making this great Custom Paper Deployment Tool to save us all for the trouble. Cheers~

44. LinuxPeria

Hi Rohan.

I have Interesst to buy the LiveScribe Pen because i want to run a self written small "Number Calc analyzing Programm" on the Pen itself that output the Result Direct on the Display like the existing Calc Programm allready.

I have searched now this "Live Scribe SDK" on the whole Net and could not find one valid Link.
    Wrote to the Producer to ask if they can send me this SDK as i am interessted to buy her Product but got only a standard stupid Answer from them that the Developer Section was closed.

My Question to you is will your "Custom Paper Deployment Tool" Programm Help me to write this simple small Number Calc Analyzing Programm to run it later like the exisitng Calc programm on the Pen ?
    Is this the SDK replacement that is needed or better i am looking for ? Thinked it has to be written in Java?

I am a little Confused as lot of People talk here also about Paper Printing but i am more Interessted for the SDK to write my own simple custom small Programm for my own private Purpose (Not Comercial Motivation).

It would be great if you could answer this newbee question about your Programm.

I am willing to donate also some Money to you if i am able to write this small Programm.
    My email Adress for any Information is linuxperia (at) gmx (dot) ch